The training on combating human trafficking
The expert of the Centre “Women’s Perspectives” conducted the training on identifying and aiding the victims of human trafficking. The event took place on 2-3 July in Pustomyty (Lviv region).
The representatives of five amalgamated territorial communities took part in the training, including social workers, members of local governments, those who work in a medical and education fields, law enforcement authorities.
The two-days training covered the following topics:
- what is human trafficking;
- myths and facts regarding the problem;
- legal framework on combating human trafficking;
- the algorithm of providing help to the victims;
- the steps that local communities should take to combat human trafficking.
The training was delivered by the expert on human trafficking, Olena Kalbus.
The Centre partnered with the International Organization for Migration in organizing the event. The project is financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as Norwegian and Canadian Ministries of Foreign Affairs.